The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Friday, July 31, 2015

Delilah, the Wanderer

Calico cat (Felis silvestris catus)
"Calico cat - Phoebe" by User:Howcheng - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.


So, this morning I was delayed on my path between the subway and the office by running into a cat who looked very like the above-pictured calico cat, except she wore a pink collar with a tag. She was mewing pitiably, and I assumed she had gotten out of her home.

I knelt down, petted her, and looked at her name tag: DELILAH, it read.

I was about to turn it over to get her peoples' phone number, but she wandered off. A woman saw me, and asked "Is she ok?"

I knelt by the friendly little thing, who head-butted me amicably.

"Come on, Delilah," I said, "let me see your tag…"

"Oh," lady inter jetted, "it's Delilah?"

"That's the name on her tag," I replied.

"Oh, I texted her owner a while back. They let her out. She wanders."

So, I pet the nice little creature, and head to the office. No good deed for the day, just an earworm.


No comments: