The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Monday, April 7, 2014

Anglocat in the Pulpit Redux: Preaching It Edition

I have been most kindly invited to offer a meditation at St. Barts's "Seven Last Words From the Cross" Good Friday Service this year.

It is a privilege I have had once before, in 2012, when I had the opportunity to speak on "I Thirst" (Jn. 19:28).

This time I was given a choice, and will meditate on John 19:26-27:
Near the Cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[b] here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
This verse is one of the most human, touching moments in the story of the crucifixion.

I am honored to be asked to participate in this beautiful and extraordinary service, which I attend every year, and which is a capstone to my Lent.

Now, of course, I must go.

I have a meditation to write...

No comments: