The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Good Kitteh News, Part II


My little friend Elspeth P. Kitten is doing much better indeed. La Caterina has been giving her fluids, shots, syringe feeding her food, drugs and vitamins. I've been helping, but while La C has the makings of a pretty fair vet tech I get by on one gift only--I having had Elpers (as we call her) since she was only weeks old, I can, if I make myself perfectly serene (not easy, mind you!), can hypnotize her, and then get the food into her. I'm clumsy, but she relaxes if I'm relaxed, and a murmur little expressions of loving nonsense at her. (With fluids La C gets the stuff into her while I hold her in place and mesmerize her.)

This afternoon, Elpers rewarded me with a snuggle, and, after she ate her lunch--what has made her sick is not eating, so the fact that we don't have to force-feed her every meal is just a wonderful sign--she was feeling well enough to jump from the bed onto the mantlepiece above it that we use as a headboard. This is something she often does when in health, so, again, a good sign.

Miles to go before we sleep, but....the auguries are good.


No comments: