The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Monday, June 17, 2013

En Garde!

What with the Supreme Court eroding the Fifth Amendment today (Scalia's back to whittling away at the Bill of Rights this week), I don't feel like engaging in any detailed state-of-the-law reportage. (Though if I did, I would acknowledge that our stochastic Court occasionally gets it right, as in striking the Arizona "evidence of citizenship" law as adding new requirements to voting registration beyond those set forth by Congress in the National Voter Registration Act, which preempts contradictory state laws--a result that is clearly right as a matter of statutory interpretation and constitutional construction.)

No, sorry.

I'd rather play with swords. And here's a glimpse:



OK, OK, not as dramatic as this:



Still, the only sport I've ever enjoyed.

No comments: