The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Restart!

Just a short note to point out that I have updated my profile to use a recent photo of Betty the Anglocat, who is in love with the Book of Common Prayer. (She prefers the red Church Publishing edition to the older black Seabury Press version I received on my reception into the Episcopal Church).

Betty likes to share my devotions, and between her and my own Anglo-Catholic leanings, is responsible for the name of the blog. I'm sure I pointed this out before (OK, I know I have), but the first time I heard Smart's Jubilate Agno performed in Benjamin Britten's fine setting, I immediately thought of Betty's complex, but consistent, adoration of the BCP.

And this love of our faith, our tradition is where I want to focus, and not getting into spuddles with those within the Anglican Communion who want to punish or "banish" the Episcopal Church. Lent is coming, and it's past time for me to be on with my business of writing about things I care about, not engaging in point-counterpoint with other bloggers. Ecclesiastical flame wars are about as light-giving as any other kind.

So, back to work. Next post, I'll begin sharing some thoughts about Richard Hooker's Lawes of Ecclesiastical Politie, which the recent unpleasantness prompted me to read for myself. I invite comments, because I'm hoping to use Hooker in an article I'm working on regarding the Anglican experience and the Establishment Clause.

In the meantime, for your enjoyment, is the Washington Collegium performing "Rejoice in the Lamb," featuring (in part 2!) Jeoffrey the Cat:



(And, for those who need cat video to accompany the music, Youtube hath provided:
).

No comments: