The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Monday, August 17, 2015

Rejoining My Tribe

Three decades ago, I attended a sic-fic convention with my good friend Vinnie Bartilucci. It was my first and only--life got away from me fast. But, as I'm slowly stalking fifty, it appears I am not putting away childish things.

I have an admirable excuse, of course. As a doting uncle, I am taking my nephew and niece to theirs, LI Who in mid-November. The guest list skews slightly old-Who, with Paul McGann, Carole Ann Ford, Frazier Hines, Wendy Padbury,Katy Manning and Janet Fielding representing classic Who actors (Derrick Sherwin was much more of a presence as a writer-producer than for his cameo appearance.) NuWho is well represented by Noel Clarke, Camille Coduri, Dan Starkey, Annette Badland and Nina Toussaint-White (Mels).

I'm sure the kids will have a lot of fun.

But not, perhaps, as much a their uncle.

No comments: