The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Over the Tundra

So, in the wake of last weekend's blizzard, la Caterina and I went to the Navy Yard to feed the kittens, only to find the gate to the expansive back portion where the old base officers' housing has been let go back to nature was locked. Now, the undersigned would have left food under the gate and skedaddled, but la C is made of sterner stuff. She managed to pull herself under the fence (I didn't dare take out the camera!), and then made her way through the snow to the remote Ice Station Kitteh. As this footage shows, she knows all too well that you can't get good help these days:



I'm all heart, me.

As she trudged off into the distance, to feed her little charges, I seemed to hear a long-remembered snatch of music...


No comments: