The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Monday, June 29, 2015

"…Crazy Bird Just Tried to Kill Us…"

So, I had a business trip today, that took me with two colleagues from Albany to Buffalo and back again today, and as my colleagues and I were driving,a magnificent red-tailed hawk swooped down, almost colliding with the windshield of the car.

A beautiful bird, and pretty damned agile too--it did a kind of victory roll, and pulled out. It was so close that I could count the feathers.

Which of course made me think, even as I was afraid that the bird would shatter the glass in front of me, of Richard Rush's 1980 classic The Stunt Man.

I of course refer to the opening of the movies, where at 1:50, a chain of events is set in motion that includes a buzzard caroming into the windscreen of a helicopter flying director Eli Cross (Peter O'Toole). The pilot complains about the "crazy bird just tried to kill is." Cross replies insouciantly "That's your point of view. Did you stop to ask the bird for his?"



Yeah, it passed through my mind right then and there. Which clearly indicates that there is something wrong with me.

But that's just my point of view. I didn't stop and ask the bird what his was.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a wise quack...you are a good man, my friend. I love these posts.

Alan said...

A very wise quack. Love your posts. Godspeed.

Anglocat said...

Thank you, my Anon--but well known and loved!--friend.

And thank you, Alan!