The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Friday, July 25, 2014

Phineas at Bay: The E-book

I know, I know--it's the week of book promotion on the blog. But, after all, I don't publish a book every week, and the fact is, when I let loose the original announcement, all I knew was that the paperback was available, and that the Kindle edition would be, by or about the end of July.

Yeah, it's available now.

Interesting fact about the kindle conversion process, by the way, and a tribute to my editor Karen Clark's proofreading skills (and, ok, my own--so lacking on this blog, alas--a little bit): When the Kindle conversion takes place, possible typos are flagged for review. There were, in the full 529 pages of the Kindle edition, sixteen (16). They were all Trollopian names based on real-world terms, and so noted as deviations from their root words, except for one deliberate archaism from the 19th Century which I kept in for period "feel."

So--a book that carefully, lovingly proofread--it's like an artisinal cheese, or a delicate hand-carving, right? (No, it is not like a portrait of Elvis on black velvet, Not at all Not remotely). That many words strung together with so few even arguable typos is worth a look, right?

No comments: