The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Sunday, May 25, 2014

In Memoriam, the Rt. Rev. E. Don Taylor

I am sorry to see that the Rt. Rev. E. Don Taylor has died, at 77 years of age.

From Bishop of New York, the Rt. Rev. Andrew Dietsche, per Canon K. Jeanne Person:
May 24, 2014

My dear brothers and sisters,

The Right Reverend E. Don Taylor, retired Vicar Bishop of the Diocese of New York, died this evening after an illness of several months. I am profoundly grateful for the number of clergy and people of this diocese who have surrounded him with their love through this vigil. Please pray tonight for the repose of his soul, and that God might comfort his daughter Tara in her grief. And please remember him at your altars tomorrow. Within twenty-four hours a fuller notice will come to you about the life and passing of this our dear brother and Father in Christ. May his soul, and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
-The Rt. Rev. Andrew M.L. Dietsche
Bishop Taylor received me into the Episcopal Church in 1995; I remember his brio, kindness and enthusiasm. I still have, and treasure, my little BCP, which he kindly inscribed for me.



I only knew him briefly, but he played a key role in my spiritual journey, and did so with élan, and genuine kindness. God bless his memory, and comfort his daughter Tara.

No comments: