The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Moment's Peace



After a frenetic week of work, and diaconal activity, lightened by good news in the world of writing (an article of mine accepted by The Anglican Theological Review, continued progress on the third draft of Phineas at Bay), a break from the snow, hearing this piece at St Barts informal service (not reproduced above, but what would you?) was a needed oasis.

The text:
Come, my Way, my Truth, my Life:
Such a Way, as gives us breath:
Such a Truth, as ends all strife:
Such a Life, as killeth death.

Come, my Light, my Feast, my Strength:
Such a Light, as shows a feast:
Such a Feast, as mends in length:
Such a Strength, as makes his guest.

Come, my Joy, my Love, my Heart:
Such a Joy, as none can move:
Such a Love, as none can part:
Such a Heart, as joyes in love.
A new week begins. Let be what has past; embrace what is to be.

No comments: