The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

“Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.”

Tonight, as the Eleventh Doctor leaves us, I am reminded of a conversationI had with my mother, who was poking fun of my continuing affection for the show. I found myself comparing Doctor Who to the cesspool of reality TV, and quoting the above "Doctor's Promise," which actually originated as a guide to writing the character, I believe in the Virgin New Adventures era, if I'm not mistaken.

Craig Ferguson captures the goofiness, inspired lunacy, and the ethos that is the bedrock of the show in his tribute when Matt Smith visited his program



I've enjoyed Matt Smith, as I did David Tennant, Christopher Eccleston, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, Peter Davison, Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee, Patrick Troughton, and William Hartnell.

And as, I am sure, I will enjoy Peter Capaldi.

No comments: