The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wager of Battle

The friend whom I have alluded to as my "Best Critic" because of all the assistance I have received from his close reading of my work over the years and I made a bet yesterday, even though I'm generally not a betting man. Per the terms of the wager, I'm posting it here, and asking you all to remind us when it comes due.

The wager:

The parties hereto wager upon the proposition that, prior to the November 2016 elections, a measure to impeach or articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama shall be introduced in the House of Representatives, shall reach the floor and be debated, and that at least one-third of the Republican caucus shall vote in favor thereof.

Taking the affirmative: Anglocat.

Taking the negative: Best Critic. BC adds that he estimates his odds of winning at 60-40.

Anglocat adds that he can't compute odds, being nearly functionally innumerate.

Stakes:$10

Sworn to and subscribed this 14th day of May, 2013.

*******************end document*********************

A note: Neither of us believes that any actual high crime or misdemeanor or reasonable variant thereof is likely to be identified; it's all down to our estimation of how crazed the GOP base is, and how much the House Republicans will fall over themselves to pander to its hatred of the President.

So who thinks I've got this, and who thinks its a case of a fool and his money?

No comments: