The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Friday, June 8, 2012

That's How the Light Gets In

So, for those who have followed this blog for a while (and bless you for that!) you may remember that back in 2008, I began a discernment process for the vocational diaconate.

I have been accepted as a postulant.

When I began this process, I remember expressing my concern that my own imperfections might unfit me for ministry--my parish discernment committee suggested that my first spiritual autobiography read like an effort to point out all the reasons I should not be ordained. But four years later, I've learned that Leonard Cohen does more than write great songs; here's a bit of wisdom that I've come to cherish, since a classmate of mine reminded me of it.



So, we move forward, into the next phase of the journey. And, as ever, the good Doctor can be relied on for encouragement.

No comments: