The Watcher Cat

The Watcher Cat

Monday, April 30, 2012

Anglocat in Print

So, if anyone is interested in some seriously well done exploration on Catholic social teaching in the context of the rights of labor, hie thee to the current issue of The Journal of Catholic Legal Studies. Now, admittedly, I'm prejudiced, as my article “Not Charity But Justice”: Charles Gore, Workers, and the Way, which deals with parallel Anglican developments around the time of Rerum Novarum, appears as one of the articles, based on a presentation I gave at the conference recorded in this double issue. But, quite seriously, the bishops, theologians and lay presenters exemplified what to me was best in my Catholic upbringing. It was a trip back to a place no longer my home, but one which played a powerful role in forming who I am.

And, one last taste of Benjamin Britten, to end April with:

No comments: